The 21st Century Skills we work on in class (as explained by my students):
- The Benefits of Having Students Write a Simple Thank You Email
- Stepping Back in Time: Teaching Textbook, Study, & Test-Taking Skills Inside a 21st Century Classroom
- Introducing Blended Learning to 5th Graders in a Traditional Classroom
- Can a Technology Upgrade for this Old-Fashioned Project Improve Student Learning and Motivation?
- A Creative Way to Compare and Contrast the Properties of Polygons
- Practicing the Skills of Evaluation
- My Students' Parents This Year Seem to "Get It" - Do Yours?
- Using Voki to Get to Know Each Other on the First Day of School
- My "21st Century" Classroom Today vs. Earlier this Millennium
- Ten Ways We Made Our "1776 Historical Reenactment" Field Trip More 21st Century!
- Teaching Students to Draw Conclusions Using a Voting Infographic
- Synthesizing Knowledge About Insulators to Create the "Ultimate Insulated Bottle!"
- Improving Problem Solving and Creativity with Tessellations
- 21st Century Birthday Wishes for Our Ancient Principal (He Turned 50 Today!)
- Creating Revolutionary Time Period Videos on the Green Screen Using iMovie
- Teaching and Assessing 21st Century Skills: Reflection and Synthesis
- Pointing Out the 21st Century Aspects of My Very Traditional-Looking Math Class
- Teaching and Assessing 21st Century Skills: Collaboration
- Teaching and Assessing 21st Century Skills: Communication
- Learning about Conductors Through a Demonstration Using Butter, Warm Water & 5 Rods Made of Different Materials
- Teaching Students How to Create Digital Campaign Advertisements
- Using ePortfolios to Synthesize and Reflect on New Learning
- Explaining Energy Transfers in Toys on YouTube
- Parts of Speech Instruction and Practice Online
- Students Reflecting on the First Few Weeks of School
- Researching Which Character Traits President's Should Have
- Analyzing a Character on Our Blog Using iPads
- Identifying Examples of "Stored Energy" and "Energy in Action"
- PERSONAL FAVORITE: 21st Century Assessment
- PERSONAL FAVORITE: 21st Century Skills, as explained by my students